Windows 8 Coming To Your Computer Some Time “Soon”
Windows starting to take the lid off on the upcoming Windows 8.
Windows 7 is soon to be replaced with Windows 8. The latest installation in the hugely successful Windows series has already been released in beta version. Super keen developers have been given a preview that they can fiddle with to their hearts content.
Windows officials have also started discussing some of the key features in Windows 8. The main points are as follows:
- Will be usable on desktop computers as well as tablets and laptops.
- There are two interfaces. Traditional desktop interface (the one you’re used to) & another called Metro, which will be used for tablets.
- A marketplace will be featured where Microsoft will be selling downloadable applications.
- Windows will be modified to run newer chips created by ARM Holdings. This will decrease power usage making Windows more economic.
- Apps will be more integrated. Meaning social sites like Facebook or Twitter will be easily used in conjunction with your hard drive.
- Tablets using Windows 8 will constantly be connect to the internet.
Desktop sales are said to still be increasing, but at a much slower rate than seen in previous years, thus it is easy to understand Windows’ inclusion of tablet computers. Windows promises to be good, but having witnessed failures like Vista, take the hype with a pinch of salt.
Take a look at some of the top stories making headlines here or if you’re in the mood for a laugh, some of the rules for rugby that girls will find “interesting” can be found here.
Back To Home