Cooking cannot get any easier than this
I’m one of those people who love to cook. If I’m stressed, I cook. If I’m happy I cook. But being a bit on the impatient side nothing makes me happier when I can cook a decent, filling meal that only takes minutes to make. I’m all for jazzed up versions of 2 minute noodles and pop-in-the-micro ready made meals when I need to eat on the run but making a meal from scratch that is budget-friendly, quick and easy is always worth a try.
I found this great French toast recipe on Pinterest that is cooked in a cup – and all in 2 minutes. It’s perfect as an indulgent breakfast, dessert or quick snack to keep you going.
2 Minute French Toast
1. First you need bread. I prefer my french toast soft-ish but if you like a little crunch go for a baguette. It truly does not matter. An old croissant. A nutty multigrain… any bread will do. Anyway, you’ll need one or two pieces of bread per cup. I like to make 2 cups at once so I can split an egg, but you can make one big cup with more bread and a whole egg. Work with what you’ve got. Cube your bread.
2. Get your cup or cups ready. Butter the inside, either rub a pat of butter around, or you can melt the buter in a mircowave and slosh it around.
3. Place the bread in the cup of your choosing. About a slice or a slice and a half will do it. Smoosh it down a bit but don’t compact it so much cause you need the liquid to be able to work it’s way in.
4. Now in a separate cup do the following: -crack and egg into it -add 3 tablespoons of milk - a pinch of cinnamon -if you like your french toast really sweet or vanilla-y, add a single drop of vanilla extract. Mix it all together with a fork
5. Pour the mixture into your cup/cups. Smoosh it a little, and give it a minute to soak down into the bread.Now stick your cup in the microwave. Start with one minute, then add ten seconds at a time until it’s cooked to your liking (no runny eggs). Mmm, eggy cinammon-y bread. Yes! Add syrup. You have to have syrup. Or whip cream. But really, syrup.
Click here if you want to see this recipe’s step by step version with photos.